Immunoglobulin treatment for 6mos. Was told by Accredo, "I would never pay a copay" because the drug companies will cover them.

Billing provided 2 wrong phone numbers for co-pay assistance (very unprofessionally, no websites, no company name). When I called billing back to inquire, a very crabby, untrained lady told me she had no idea what I was talking about. Stopped my treatment due to bills. I would never have started treatment if the co-pay wasn't covered.

Called patient advocate who finally gave me the correct information - websites & working phone numbers for co-pay assistance, support groups, tons of great information all with one website! By the time I called those numbers it was too late to get assistance. Every patient qualifies for a $5,000 co-pay card when you initially sign up, but since Accredo billing gave me incorrect information twice, I missed the sign-up window. Of course there has been no accountability or responsibility on their end.

When I inquired about the taped conversations with their billing department (who lied to me & didn't do their job properly), I was told I'd have to subpoena them! I've heard many similar terrible stories about Accredo billing.

Very unfortunate because their patient advocate, pharmacy, nurses & others were very professional. Such a disservice to patients who can't get their medical care due to an untrained and highly unprofessional billing department.

Review about: Accredo Gammagard Prescription Refill.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

LyingAntelope

You can file a complaint here https://pharmacy.ky.gov/. I am an RN and am fed up with how my pts.

Have been treated by this pharmacy. You are not alone in your experience. Many pts.

are frustrated and the clinical staff involved at your physicians office is equally frustrated. Please complain.

start recording all conversations with accredo!

to Jeff #1379380

Thank you! Great advice.

I luckily switched to Diplomat & even though my insurance says they only take Accredo, Diplomat is willing to take a reduced insurance payment. My last convo with Accredo was with Social Media rep.

It went terribly & ended with me recommending he find a new job with a reputable company. Accredo was nothing but lies....