Immunoglobulin treatment for 6mos.Was told by Accredo, "I would never pay a copay" because the drug companies will cover them.

Billing provided 2 wrong phone numbers for co-pay assistance (very unprofessionally, no websites, no company name). When I called billing back to inquire, a very crabby, untrained lady told me she had no idea what I was talking about. Stopped my treatment due to bills. I would never have started treatment if the co-pay wasn't covered.

Called patient advocate who finally gave me the correct information - websites & working phone numbers for co-pay assistance, support groups, tons of great information all with one website! By the time I called those numbers it was too late to get assistance. Every patient qualifies for a $5,000 co-pay card when you initially sign up, but since Accredo billing gave me incorrect information twice, I missed the sign-up window. Of course there has been no accountability or responsibility on their end.

When I inquired about the taped conversations with their billing department (who lied to me & didn't do their job properly), I was told I'd have to subpoena them! I've heard many similar terrible stories about Accredo billing.

Very unfortunate because their patient advocate, pharmacy, nurses & others were very professional.Such a disservice to patients who can't get their medical care due to an untrained and highly unprofessional billing department.

Review about: Accredo Gammagard Prescription Refill.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Had an Experience with Accredo?

Comments

start recording all conversations with accredo!

to Jeff #1379380

Thank you!Great advice.

I luckily switched to Diplomat & even though my insurance says they only take Accredo, Diplomat is willing to take a reduced insurance payment. My last convo with Accredo was with Social Media rep.

It went terribly & ended with me recommending he find a new job with a reputable company.Accredo was nothing but lies....